About Rob Grant
Rob Grant is a nationally accredited mediator and approved family dispute resolution provider which enables him to issue Section 60I Certificates. He is a family law specialist within excess of 35 years’ experience.
As a Queensland pre-eminent family law mediator, he is highly sought after and enjoys a high success rate (2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022 Doyle’s Guide to the Australian Legal Profession).
His extensive experience, insight and expertise assists people in achieving realistic outcomes in both property and parenting matters in a manner which minimises damage to ongoing relationships and permits them to resolve their differences in a consensual and dignified manner.
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland and High Court of Australia
- Queensland Law Society Accredited Family Law Specialist
- Nationally Accredited Mediator
- Master of Laws and a Vocational Graduate Diploma of Dispute Resolution
- Registered Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner
- Rob has in excess of 35 years’ experience, practicing exclusively in family law and the resolution of financial and parenting disputes.
- Rob also conducts parenting mediations in the form of child-inclusive mediations in conjunction with experienced Social Scientists/Psychologists.
- In addition to his extensive experience in financial matters, Rob has acted for many years as an Independent Children’s Lawyer appointed by the Court in complex parenting disputes.
- Rob has had an extensive mediation practice for in excess of 30 years.
- Rob was elected as President of the Family Law Practitioner’s Association and served as such for two years. Thereafter, he continued as a member of the Executive as Immediate Past President and Treasurer for a number of years.
- Rob was an inaugural member of the Queensland Law Society Panel which oversaw the establishment of Specialist Accreditation in Family Law.
- Rob was an inaugural member of the National Independent Children’s Lawyer Training team upon its establishment in 1996. As such, he has participated as a trainer in numerous training programmes for lawyers wishing to undertake work as an Independent Children’s Lawyer.
- Rob has also served on numerous committees for the furtherance of family law practice and continuing education over many years.
- In 1997, the National Children’s & Youth Centre awarded Rob “Children’s Lawyer of the Year – Queensland” for outstanding achievement in the legal representation of children
- In 2014, Rob was honoured to be awarded the Honourable Travis Lindenmayer Award for outstanding contribution to the practice of family law
- In 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022 Rob was recognized by his peers as being a pre-eminent mediator of family law disputes (Doyle’s Guide to the Australian Legal Profession)